School Library Journal is the premiere publication for librarians and information specialists who work with children and teens. A source of quality journalism and reviews for more than 60 years, SLJ produces award-winning features and news coverage on: literacy, best practices, technology, education policy and other issues of interest to the school library and greater educator community. We evaluate a broad range of resources, from books and digital content to databases, in 6000+ reviews published annually.
- Want to contact us? Find who you’re looking for.
- Interested in advertising? Download our media kit.
- Interested in having your products reviewed? Read our submission guidelines.
- Interested in becoming a reviewer? Submit an application.
DIVERSITY AT OUR EVENTS
Our goal is to create an inclusive, respectful environment that invites participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientation. To that end, we’re actively seeking to increase the diversity of our attendees, speakers, and sponsors through our in-house development of events, open calls for proposals, and through dialogue with the larger communities we serve.
This is an ongoing process. We are talking to our program chairs and committees, participants, and organizations about this goal and how they might help us achieve it. Here are some ways you can help us build a more diverse event experience:
• Recommend appropriate speakers and/or program committee members to the event organizers by contacting email@example.com
• Encourage potential speakers to submit a proposal to us.
• Organize community-based public-speaking trainings and practice events (Ignite is one popular format)
• Suggest ways that the on-site experience can be more welcoming and supportive, free from intimidation and marginalization (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Share your ideas and best practices for how we can realize our vision (email email@example.com)
We value diversity in the communities we bring together, and we welcome your contributions to bringing balanced representation of the richness of our collective human experience.
Derived from a conference diversity statement licensed by O’Reilly Media, Inc. under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.