Google+

October 31, 2014

Rick Riordan: Live from Mount Olympus

RickWebCast 0923 550x196 Rick Riordan: Live from Mount Olympus

SPONSORED BY: Disney Hyperion

SCHEDULED EVENT DATE: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 – 1 PM EDT/10 AM PDT– 60 minutes

register button Rick Riordan: Live from Mount OlympusFew people are allowed on Mount Olympus (a.k.a. the Empire State Building, 600th floor), but literary demigod Rick Riordan can bring you along with him—virtually, of course. Think you (or your classroom or school) can stump Rick Riordan when it comes to Greek mythology? We’ll be testing him live! You’ll have a chance to submit a question when you register, and if your question is chosen you’ll receive a signed copy of Rick Riordan’s new illustrated collection, Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods. SLJ Reviews Editor Kiera Parrott will be on hand to ask the questions.

You’ll also get to hear an exclusive excerpt from the final book in the best-selling Heroes of Olympus series, The Blood of Olympus – all broadcast live from New York City’s legendary Empire State Building.

register button Rick Riordan: Live from Mount OlympusCan’t make it September 23rd? No problem! Register now and you will receive an email from School Library Journal with the URL to access the archive for this event.

Follow us on Twitter! @SLJEvent #sljrickriordan

For more information about this webcast, please visit schoollibraryjournal.com

Need help getting registered? Send us an email describing your problem.

By registering for this webcast, you are agreeing that Library Journal may share your registration information with sponsors currently shown and future sponsors of this event. Click here to review the entire Library Journal Privacy Policy.

Comments

1. Hi, I’m an Italian girl of thirteen years and I’d love to see Rick Riordan live on September 23, unfortunately I do not work in a library and I can not sign up.
    what should I do?

Thanks for your help.

• Just sign up – fill in the required fields with “Not applicable” – we would hate for you to miss this event! – Dodie Ownes, SLJ Special Events

2. Hello, I would love to watch and ask a question for this broadcast, however I’m too young to work for a library and cannot sign up. I was wondering if there was any other way for me to attend

Thanks very much

• I’m also a teen wanting to watch it (I missed it) but I filled out not applicable in the library field and it said it didn’t count. Is there any way I can see the broadcast? I’m a HUGE fan, and I really want to see it.
        RES

3. Haylie Jackson says:

Will you make another Percy Jackson book? If you do, what are your ideas?

• There making the new book its called Magnus Chase and the gods of Asgard.

• Autumn Jones says:

That’s a Norse mythology series. I dunno if Rick’s writing another Percy Jackson book, but hey, there’s always hope. And he said that it’s not a coincidence that Magnus’ last name is Chase, like Annabeth. :3

4. Haleigh Wethington says:

Have you written any biographies or autobiographies?

5. Scarlet Thomas says:

Do you think you would ever write a different genre book?

6. Alyssa Becnel says:

How do you come up with the names of your characters?

7. Lane Molsbee says:

When did Luke from the Percy Jackson series become invulnerable in The Last Olympian?

8. Joshua Nicholas says:

Mr. Riordan, In The Heroes of Olympus there is a rivalry between the Greeks and the Romans. Did you make that up or find it in your research, and how did you develop that part of the story.

9. I signed up my students for this webcast and then a colleague asked me a question that got me wondering. I have the link that was sent to me after registering – when we go to that link on Tuesday, will we SEE Rick Riordan live? My colleague was under the impression that a “webcast” is just audio. I started to panic…my students would likely not sit and just “listen” for an hour – they think they are going to SEE Rick Riordan (from Mt Olympus, of course!). Please clarify.

• Dodie Ownes says:

There will be a live feed of Rick Riordan – there are livestream webcasts, AND audio only webcasts, and this one is definitely a livestream!

10. In a panic…registered TWICE for event and have not received confirmation e-mail! Trying to verify that I am registered for event and that my students are going to see the webcast. Help!

11. I forgot to send my trivia question when I registered. How do I do so?

12. Can you name 12 Roman gods and their Greek name?

13. Question: What connection does Athena have to Snakes?

14. Michaela Schied says:

Am very disappointed with this. It was advertised as being an hour long, and only clocked in at twenty minutes. If I am going to ask teachers to disrupt their teaching time for this, it needs to be worth it. Please advertise correct lengths in the future.

15. Joy Fitzgerald says:

I agree with Michaela’s comment. We had students sitting her expecting an hour and it went to cover screen after about 25 minutes. Please have accurate information and our staff and students would have loved to have a bit more!

16. Stacy Snider says:

I don’t know if this is the right place for this comment, but I’ve tried everything I can think of and I can’t seem to access the webcast. My class is super bummed that we can’t get on, but it’s been 40 minutes and I just can’t waste any more time.

• I am sorry you had technical issues today. When the webcast is archived, you’ll receive an email with a link to the recorded livestream. Because the file is compressed, you should not have any bandwidth issues. Do make sure that you have pop-up blockers turned off.

17. I too was disappointed that this was only 15-20 mins long. It was advertised as 1 hour.

18. Elena Ojert says:

When will this URL with the archive video be released?

• Dodie Ownes says:

The livestream event is now being reviewed – we hope to have the archive ready for on-demand viewing by early next week. If you registered for the event, you will receive an email notifying you that the archive is available, with a link to the event.

19. CAN WE GET AN UPDATE AS TO WHEN IT WILL BE ARCHIVED:? I REGISTERED – WATCHED- AND WANT TO RE-WATCH WITH MY DAUGHTER, WHO REALLY REALLY WANTED TO SKIP SCHOOL TO SEE IT. (GOOD THING I RECORDED MOST OF IT WITH MY PHONE ;) IT WAS SHORT BUT I REALLY ENJOYED IT THANK YOU!!!

20. I registered but did not get a archived video link can you plz tell me the link i really wnat to see it

21. I was not able to make it and did not get a transcript the next day

22. Just got it for my birthday! :)

23. Cynthia Sowards says:

Hello, I’m the one who won the signed set. (Although my daughter is the fan and she is the one who came up with the question). I was just wondering around when I might receive those. Thank you.

24. Steve Abatangle says:

The Register page is broken; vending a blank page. :-/

25. When is The Titans Curse on dvd going to come out?

26. Cynthia Sowards says:

Is there any way of knowing when I might receive the set of signed Rick Riordan book that I won during this webcast?

Comment Policy:
  2. Don't use obscene, profane, or vulgar language.
  3. Stay on point. Comments that stray from the topic at hand may be deleted.