The Same Difference: Mark Ray asserts that principals and librarians have a lot more in common than you might think—and he should know.
By Mark Ray
- Top Dog: After 50 years, Clifford and his kind creator, Norman Bridwell, are bigger than ever.
By Grace Maccarone
- Who’s Playing Who?: How sneaky online marketing is targeting kids—
and what you can do about it.
By Peter Gutierrez
- The Good Fight: Take off the kid gloves.
SLJ’s annual Battle of the Kids’ Books tournament is on its way.
By SLJ staff
- The Literary Equation: USBBY’s Oustanding International Books connect kids worldwide.
By Maria Salvadore
|Get Everything and SAVE 35%|
The largest and most authoritative reviewer of content for children and young adults—books, audio, video, databases, apps, and more—School Library Journal (SLJ) also provides teacher librarians in schools and YA and children's services librarians in public libraries with the latest information and resources they need to combine traditional and emerging technologies to support student achievement, inspire a love of learning, and become innovators and collaborators in their institutions. Each complete issue includes:
Subscribing to SLJ means you won't miss a thing. Get a full year of School Library Journal—12 issues, plus a bonus issue, plus supplements, plus access to the Reviews Center—for just $88.99!
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: If you should ever decide that School Library Journal isn't right for you, you may cancel your subscription and receive a full refund on all unmailed issues. No questions asked.
|School Library Journal — Subscribe TODAY!|
- Odd Couples: Why Can’t We Be Friends? | Focus On
By Joy Fleishhacker
- Whodunit? | Listen In
By Sharon Grover and Lizette Hannegan
- CES 2013 Top Trends for Schools: From adaptive ebooks to crowd-funded technology, products to look out for.
By Jeffrey Hastings
- Ebook Crowdsourcing: An award-winning plan for cooperative purchasing | The Next Big Thing
By Christopher Harris
- Beyond Google: Alternative Search Tools: Understanding the options will help make students become better researchers | Cool Tools
By Richard Byrne
- The Art of the Caldecott: At 75, the powerful award keeps proving the value of librarians’ | Editorial
By Rebecca T. Miller
- Contemplating the Cranium: Ancient skulls and skeletons can tell us much about ourselves | Nonfiction Booktalker
By Kathleen Baxter
- Saved by I-SAIL: Making the most of a tool that articulates the value of school libraries | On Common Core
By Christy Semande
- Everyday Hero: Andrea Cheng’s Etched in Clay charts the courageous life of Dave the potter | Under Cover
By Rick Margolis
- Britannica School: Britannica School: A revised standard for readers of varying abilities
By Cara Moffett
- Reference Book Reviews: February 2013
- Multimedia Reviews: February 2013
- Best of Apps & Enhanced Books: February 2013
- Preschool to Grade 4 | February 2013
- Grades 5 & Up | February 2013
- Professional Reading | February 2013
- Book/Multimedia Review Stars List | February 2013