Next Year’s Model: Sarah Ludwig left the library, became a tech coordinator, and forged a path to the future
By Linda W. Braun
Sarah Ludwig left the library, became a tech coordinator, and forged a path to the future.
- All Aboard!: Implementing Common Core offers school librarians an opportunity to take the lead.
By Rebecca Hill
- Why I Write Poetry: A really good poem can reach kids in wondrous and unexpected ways.
By Joyce Sidman
- 2012 ALSC & YALSA Audio Picks: The year’s best audiobooks and music for children and teens.
- The Titanic: Unsinkable | Focus On
By Barbara Wysocki
- Score! | Listen In
By Sharon Grove and Lizette Hannigan
|Get Everything and SAVE 35%|
The largest and most authoritative reviewer of content for children and young adults—books, audio, video, databases, apps, and more—School Library Journal (SLJ) also provides teacher librarians in schools and YA and children's services librarians in public libraries with the latest information and resources they need to combine traditional and emerging technologies to support student achievement, inspire a love of learning, and become innovators and collaborators in their institutions. Each complete issue includes:
Subscribing to SLJ means you won't miss a thing. Get a full year of School Library Journal—12 issues, plus a bonus issue, plus supplements, plus access to the Reviews Center—for just $88.99!
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: If you should ever decide that School Library Journal isn't right for you, you may cancel your subscription and receive a full refund on all unmailed issues. No questions asked.
|School Library Journal — Subscribe TODAY!|
- Let ’Em Rip: Renee Hobbs wants to give teachers the freedom to copy DVDs for class use.
By Lauren Barack
- IPEVO Point 2 View: USB document camera | Test Drive
By Jeffrey Hastings
- Of Kittens and Content | The Next Big Thing
By Christopher Harris
- Let’s Put Our Heads Together | Cool Tools
By Richard Byrne
- Undercover Librarian: Tech coordinator Sarah Ludwig has created a new model for her peers. | Editorial
By Rebecca T. Miller
- To the Rescue!: These incredible new tales can inspire your students to fight injustice. | Nonfiction Booktalker
By Kathleen Baxter
- Holy Cow!: Sy Montgomery’s ‘Temple Grandin’ is an inspiring tale of cattle…and courage. | Under Cover
By Rick Margolis
- Wii Learn: Surprise elementary grade students with a fun way to learn math. | The Gaming Life
By Matthew C. Winner and Meghan Hearn
Letters to SLJ, April 2012
- The App Review: Best of Apps & Enhanced Books: April 2012
- Multimedia Reviews: April 2012
- Reference Reviews: April 2012
- SERIES MADE SIMPLE, Spring 2012: Guide to the Latest Series Nonfiction
- Preschool to Grade 4: April 2012
- Spanish Books: April 2012
- Grades 5 & Up: April 2012
- School Library Journal Stars List: April 2012