This page is for our dedicated corps of volunteer reviewers of print and nonprint materials. We appreciate the care and diligence that you bring to the evaluation process. We know how much our readers value and rely on your expertise and sound judgment and we count on you to help us maintain our reputation for producing timely and fair-minded reviews. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.
Interested in becoming a reviewer? Submit an application.
For review submissions and/or questions about audiobooks and music:
For review submissions and/or questions about DVDs:
BOOK REVIEWERS: To write and submit your review, you can click on the link within the email you have received, or you can log in from the application login page.
Please refer to these illustrated instructions (PDF) when logging into the database for the first time.
Important Notes for Book Reviewers
- For the review application to run properly, you must use Mozilla’s Firefox, which is freely available for download. Chrome is also supported, and is also free to download. In Internet Explorer, the review box will not appear.
- Please do not use Internet Explorer.
- The application is in active development, so if you run into any issues, the first step should be to clear your browser’s cache. If you’re not sure how to do that, refer to these instructions (PDF).
- Please keep a copy of your review in case it is lost in transmission to us.
- If you have technical difficulties with submitting your review, please contact Kent Turner, and if the problem persists he will connect you with the project manager of the database.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I forget my username and password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Username and Password,” and your username and temporary password will be emailed to the address we have on file.
How do I know whether the review has been submitted?
Once “Submit Review” has been checked, you will get a notification saying “Updated the review Status to [Review Submitted] successfully” and your update button will no longer be operable.
I have not received a notification about a title assignment, but have received a book in the mail. What should I do?
Check your junk mail or spam. The assignment will come from email@example.com.
If you can’t find the email, log into the application, click “next” and “search” for the title to see if it has been assigned to you. If you cannot find the title, please contact Kent Turner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The review box is not available. What should I do?
Firefox is the preferred browser for this application, and Chrome is also supported. In Internet Explorer, the review box will not appear. Please do not use Internet Explorer.
If the problem continues to persist try re-installing Firefox and signing into the application again. For questions, contact email@example.com.
I cannot check the “Submit Review” box to submit my review. What should I do?
Click “Save” then “Update” and then check “Submit Review.” If these options aren’t appearing at all, clear your cache. If the problem isn’t resolved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to reach a specific review editor? Or recommend a colleague as a potential reviewer? Contact Kiera Parrott.