Presented by: Gale & School Library Journal
Event Date & Time: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM PT
Does the thought of building out a Professional Development (PD) program across an entire school district seem like an insurmountable task to you? Where do you start? How do you overcome obstacles such as distance or diverse needs? Learn from someone who has been there.
In this webinar, Melissa Jacobs of the NYC Department of Education shares how they were able to roll out a comprehensive city-wide PD program using ASCD eBooks to improve teacher practice and evaluations modeled after Charlotte Danielson’s rubric.
Key highlights include:
- Determining resource criteria based on multi-department stakeholder feedback
- Developing a dynamic web presence as part of their implementation plan
- Relying on multiple communication channels—including word of mouth
- Evaluating what’s working through measurable results
At the close of the webinar we’ll take a look at best practices that can help you implement a school and district PD program. As an added bonus, attendees will receive a free publication on how to use eBooks for professional learning.
- Melissa Jacobs, Coordinator, NYC School Library System
- Lemma Shomali, Director K-12 Products, Gale, a Cengage Company
- Rebecca Jozwiak, Editorial & Research Director, The Bloor Group
Need help getting registered? Send us an email describing your problem.