SPONSORED BY: Biblioboard, Capstone, HarperCollins Children’s Books, Lerner, and School Library Journal
Four years after the first Common Core State Standards (CCSS) arrived in pilot states, educators are still grappling to understand them, assemble appropriate materials, and adjust curriculum and teaching methodologies. During this free webcast we will take a look at the current state of the Common Core, hear from experts in the field on issues surrounding implementation, and explore publishers’ responses to the CCSS.
- Wendy Stephens, Librarian, Cullman High School, Cullman, AL, American Library Association Councilor at Large, and president-elect of the Alabama Library Association
- Deborah A. Wooten, Associate Professor of Reading in the Theory and Practice in Teacher Education Department, University of Tennessee, and the author many articles and several books, including Children’s Literature in the Reading Program: An Invitation to Read.
- Shayne Russell, Librarian, Kenneth R. Olson Middle School, Tabernacle, NJ
- Olga Nesi, Library Coordinator, New York City Office of Library Services of the Department of Education
- Daryl Grabarek, Editor, Curriculum Connections, and Librarian, PS 89 / IS 289, NY, NY
- Sarah Bayliss, Associate Editor, School Library Journal, and author of “What’s Happening at the Core?” (SLJ, Feb 2013)
NOTE: Registration is also open for SLJ‘s On Common Core 2014 series of intensive webcasts starting on 4/1/14.
Follow us on Twitter! @SLJEvent #SLJCommonCore